9-to-Thrive: Going Green for Earth Day
Earth Day is coming up on Saturday, April 22 and it’s a great opportunity to reflect on the state of our environment and what we can do to make positive, sustainable changes – not only for ourselves, but for generations to come.
Here are some ideas for you to integrate into your daily life to make a meaningful impact on our planet:
- Set up dates a few times per month where everyone in your workplace, team, or family brings an eco-friendly lunch bag to work or school. Don’t forget the reusable tableware too!
- Research eco-friendly household products to use at home, or at work if possible, and encourage your inner circle to do the same.
- Create a spot for tree-planting or gardening. Whether it’s in your backyard or a few small window planters, creating a space for nature can positively impact your mood and the environment.
Make conscious choices
- Reduce your consumption. Simple things like thinking twice before printing something, bringing reusable bags when shopping, and supporting digital initiatives (like reading this newsletter online!) are just some of the ways you can lighten your carbon footprint.
- Choosing sustainable transport is a great way to help the environment all year round – from biking to work, taking public transportation into the city, or even walking to the mailbox instead of driving are all great options.
To really get into the spirit of Earth Day 2023, here are some great events happening across Canada to check out:
- Walk 30 is a friendly competition that encourages and inspires people to walk more to improve overall health and wellness, strengthen community connections, and rethink how we get around.
- Celebrate Earth Day on April 22. This year’s theme is ‘flow‘ – looking at the life that swirls around us, encouraging people to become more conscious about how they interact and react to these continually changing landscapes.
- Don’t Mess With Don’s Earth Day is an annual cleanup event, which has previously removed nearly 50,000 pounds of trash. .
- Plant Trees with Us, get your hands dirty with this one. Help improve your local environment by planting trees in your community on National Tree Day.
You can also check out this year-round list of events if you want to make a difference in your any time of year.
We’re proud to partner with Tree Canada to help compensate for our carbon footprint.
By visiting our website online, you are actively participating in our paper-free initiative—thank you!
Stay In Touch