Our Multi-year Accessibility Plan
This 2021-26 multi-year accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that GroupHEALTH will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
GroupHEALTH is committed and guided by the four (4) core principles of Dignity, Independence, Integration and Equal Opportunity and supports the full inclusion of persons as set out in Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We shall use every effort to ensure that we meet the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner through the implementation of this policy.
Multi-year Accessibility Plan
GroupHEALTH’s Multi-Year Accessibility Plan outlines a phased-in strategy to prevent and remove barriers and addresses the current and future requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005. The plan will be reviewed and updated at least once every five years.
Accessible Emergency Information
GroupHEALTH is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
GroupHEALTH trains all employees, and volunteers and those that develop the organization’s policies on the requirements of the accessibility standards referred to in the regulation and on the Human Rights Code as it pertains to persons with disabilities. Training is provided within 90 days from date of hire. If any changes are made to this policy or the requirements, training will be provided to include those changes. GroupHEALTH maintains a record of the dates when training was completed for each individual.
Information & Communications
GroupHEALTH has created, provides and receives information and communications in ways that are accessible to people with disabilities.
If GroupHEALTH determines that it is not technically feasible to convert the information or communications or the technology to convert the information or communications is not readily available, GroupHEALTH will be obligated to provide the person that requires the information with an explanation as to why the information or communications are unconvertible; and a summary of the unconvertible information or communications.
GroupHEALTH has a process in place for receiving and responding to feedback and will ensure that those processes are provided in accessible formats and with communication supports upon request. GroupHEALTH will notify the public about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports.
Accessible Formats & Communication Support
GroupHEALTH provides or arranges for accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities by following the four bullets listed below:
- Upon request in a timely manner that takes into account the persons’ accessibility needs due to a disability;
- At a cost that is no more than the regular cost charged to other persons;
- Consult with the person making the request and determine suitability of an accessible format or communication support;
- Notify the public about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports.
GroupHEALTH shall make their internet website and web content conform with the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 initially at Level A and increasing to Level AA. By January 1, 2026 all internet website and web content backdated to 2012 will conform with WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
GroupHEALTH notifies employees and the public about the availability of accommodations for applicants with disabilities as per three (3) bullets below:
- During the recruitment process when job applicants are individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process;
- If a selected applicant requests an accommodation, GroupHEALTH shall consult with the applicant and provide or arrange for the provision of a suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s disability;
- Notify successful applicants of the policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
GroupHEALTH informs its employees of its policies used to support its employees with disabilities, including but not limited to, policies on the provision of job accommodations that take into account an employee’s accessibility needs due to a disability for the two (2) situations below:
- As required to new employees at the time of offer of employment;
- Whenever there is a change to existing policies on the provision of job accommodations that take into account an employee’s accessibility needs due to a disability.
Accessible Formats & Communication Support
In addition and where an employee with a disability requests it, GroupHEALTH will consult with the employee to provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports as per the following three (3) bullets below:
- Information that is needed in order to perform the employee’s job;
- Information that is generally available to employees in the workplace; and
- Consult with the employee making the request in determining the suitability of an accessible format or communication support.
Individual Accommodation Plan (IAP)
GroupHEALTH has a written process for developing a documented individual accommodation plan for employees with a disability. This process is reflected in GroupHEALTH’s Employee Handbook and Policy Manual.
Return to Work
GroupHEALTH has a return to work process for employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and require disability-related accommodation in order to return to work. Such processes shall be documented and must outline the steps that GroupHEALTH will take to facilitate the return to work and include an individual accommodation plan.
Performance Management, Career Development, Advancement & Redeployment
GroupHEALTH takes into account the accommodation needs and/or individual accommodation plans of employees when:
- Using performance management processes;
- Providing career development and advancement information;
- Using redeployment procedures.
For More Information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact Human Resources at:
Phone: (705) 719-3077 x12124