Focused on Value
GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions delivers value to member-based groups by focusing on a long-term, sustainable approach to group benefits; the “Managed” approach. Our focus is on effective, ongoing claims cost management, and a constant search for innovative, leading-edge approaches to lock-in savings. The “Managed” approach contrasts with the “Traditional” approach which focuses on ethereal short-term cost savings with no cost-containment strategies.
Disability Management Institute (DMI)
Included as a valuable supplement to long term disability benefits, DMI’s services address all aspects of an employee absence due to non-work related injury or illness. After just 5 consecutive days of absence, DMI can become involved to support the employer and the employee.
- Provide administrative claims management services
- Manage communication with employers and key stakeholders for the duration of an absence
- Provide confidential, personal support for employees and key stakeholders
- Develop customized return-to-work plans, to allow an employee to safely work while recovering from injury or illness
Expert Medical Advice
Need a second opinion? This service lets plan members obtain a valuable second medical opinion when diagnosed with a critical illness. Expert Medical Advice is made available with every GroupHEALTH employee benefits plan.
Expert Medical Advice:
- Gives plan members a case-specific second opinion and suggested treatment plan from highly qualified specialists
- Provides remote access to specialists, with no travel required
- Provides plan members’ physicians with unique resources and expertise