GroupHEALTH In The Community
Giving Back Where We Can!
At GroupHEALTH, being an active supporter and participant in our community is an integral part of who we are. After all, our ‘day job’ is all about helping our clients protect their employees and families, so it should come as no surprise that we place a strong emphasis on extending these same efforts to the people around us in need. Besides, we usually manage to have a lot of fun in the process!
From company-wide initiatives to individual efforts, we strive to have a significant impact on the health and wellness of all Canadians, and to nurture a strong connection between our employees, our company, and the communities we live in. Our employees step up week in and week out to actively support important causes like the Food Bank, BC Children’s Hospital, Children’s Wish Foundation, and the Semiahmoo House – just to name a few! We are fortunate to be able to provide support in a variety of ways to best suit our causes’ needs. Whether the job calls for financial donations, sponsorships, promotional items, ‘in kind’ product donations, or old fashioned manpower, we aim to use our resources to have a maximum positive impact.
Semiahmoo House is a great example of how we are able to utilize our unique resources and close ties to provide continued and effective support. With Semiahmoo House being so close to our Surrey offices, we are able to purchase services they offer, as well as provide fantastic employment opportunities. GroupHEALTH’s CEO, Matt Houghton serves as a member of the Board of Directors and past Board Chair which has given us a deep understanding of the society’s needs, and in turn, allows us to work closely and effectively with them to create a lasting impact.
As the GroupHEALTH team continues to grow, it makes sense that “community” will mean something different to each one of us. This is why we support a variety of different causes throughout the year.
Here are some of the awesome community activities and fundraising efforts that GroupHEALTH contributed to over the last year:
- CIBC Run for the cure – We won an award for our top fundraising efforts!
- The Annual Semiahmoo House Gala – This is a cause we contribute to all year round!
- AimHi – We support this organization all year.
- Children’s Wish Foundation – Proud sponsor and participant in the ‘Exile Island’ event along with year-round fundraising efforts.
- Vancouver Sun Run
- Surrey Food Bank – Year round donations and holiday food drives.
- Color Me Rad 5km
- Anti Bullying Day – Our offices wore pink to show our support!
- White Rock Pumpkin Run – Helped raise money for White Rock’s Peace Arch Hospital.
- BC SPCA National Cupcake Day – Sold cupcakes to support the BCSPCA.
- BC Children’s Hospital Jeans Day – We support ‘jeans day’ fundraising efforts year-round!
- Fundraising for Fort McMurray – Companywide donations were made to the Red Cross to help support Fort McMurray residents who were affected by the devastating wildfires this past year. We also provided premium relief and waived the fees for our Fort McMurray clients who were impacted by the fires.
- 2016 Hastings Elementary Grade 7 Cultural Exchange to Quebec City – Helped send Grade 7 French immersion students to Quebec to enhance their French language skills and learn about the French Canadian history and culture.
We are proud of how dedicated the entire GroupHEALTH family is to giving back to our community and making a positive difference in the lives of both their co-workers and the people around them. We can’t wait to see what our team achieves next year!